A practical guide to helping your child through one of the most important developmental stages of early childhood' - Green Parent Book of the Month Gurgle's Honest Read for December How to make potty training stress free for you and your child The Gentle Potty Training Book is a practical guide to helping your child through one of the most important developmental stages of early childhood. Avoiding strict timelines, rewards and plans that are based solely on a child's gender, Sarah Ockwell-Smith advocates an approach that is based on your child's unique developmental stage - because the gentlest, easiest and most effective potty training happens when you work with your child as a team.
Sarah's advice includes:
- Recognising the physical and emotional signs that your child is ready
- How to talk to your child about potty training and prepare them emotionally
- What you need to get started - the practicalities
- How to respond to accidents and setbacks
- Potty training your child when you're in full-time work or co-parenting
- The when and how of night-time potty training
- What to do after previous false starts Comprehensive, practical and realistic, Sarah's advice will give you the necessary understanding and confidence to make potty training a smooth process for you and your child.